How Can You Get Involved?
There are many ways to be involved in the Angel Bags project. Look over the list below and see what best suits your desires and abilities then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commit your church, school, organization or work place to distribute and collect bags. Contact us with a number of bags you would like and we will give you the bags to be filled with the age and sex of the child, i.e, boy 2- 4 or girl 7-9 etc. We will also provide the angels tags for each bag, a suggested gift list and 8.5x11 flyer.
- Sew bags to be filled (directions are provided at the link "Information"). Please let us know if your are sewing and how many.
- Collect "parent gifts" the children can choose for their decorated paper bag. These gifts are usually small gifts like toiletries, kitchen towel sets, aprons, flashlights, small screwdriver sets etc.
- Collect balls that are deflated. We transport them and then inflate them to give out at the area villages.
- Collect blankets and/or sleeping bags. The homes do not have heat so it gets quite cold at the elevation of 6,000 ft. We distribute these per family in the villages, especially the mountain villages.
- Collect school and craft supplies that are given to the churches to use whether for the kids throughout the year or for their Sunday School program.
- Give financial contributions to help offset the cost of driving these bags to Mexico. (All gifts are tax-deductible and a receipt of your gift is given at year end.) Send gifts to SOAR Ministries, Inc | 1827 Preserve Creek Way | Loganville, GA | 30052. You can also donate on-line here.
- Travel with us to Mexico in December. Usually two weeks before Christmas, leaving on the closest Saturday. (A valid US passport is required.)
- Give us a lead of someone with a van, truck or trailer we can use for the journey. e-mail us here
- If you want to go with us, complete the application linked here, then complete the other driving/riding info linked here.